What Is .CRAB FILE VIRUS
.CRAB FILE VIRUS is another newly found file encrypting malware. It is a pernicious computer infection that can invade any Windows PC. It is able to target your computer without your permission or help. It mostly get carried to your computer through spam email attachments and malicious websites. You can also get this nasty malware on your PC when you download any fake software update or any bundled freeware program. Once installed on your machine, .CRAB FILE VIRUS can cause severe destruction. It can completely ruin your system working and performance. It can lock down all your files, data, images, videos, audios, word files, and many more. Then after it will leave a ransom note on your computer to demand ransom money.
This nasty Ransomware virus will encrypt all your data and change their extension with .zixer2 extension. It will make all your files inaccessible. When you will try to open any of your file, then it will ask you to pay money to get decryption key. It will force you to pay the money within given time otherwise your files will get deleted permanently. This notorious threat has already lured many of the users online via this technique. What is more harmful that .CRAB FILE VIRUS will never unlock your files after getting money. It will run away with your money and you will keep waiting to get your data. So don’t get cheated and remove this permanently to recover your data through any file recovery software. Read this guide to remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS completely from your system.
Important note!!!!– If Your PC is Infected By this Malware Then Click Here To Download Free Malware Scanner On Your System And Remove Infection Now!
Methods To Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS
.CRAB FILE VIRUS is a notorious & malicious malware infection but it is possible to remove this vicious virus completely. You can remove this computer infection through two ways – 1. Manual and 2. Automatic. As the name quite clears both methods, you can remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS manually from your computer system but it is a risky and time taking process. In this process virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience about system. It also has drawback that virus can return back after removal. The second method which is automatic and very simple. You can use the best malware scanner & removal software to remove this lethal computer infection completely for forever. So final choice is yours and you can detail about both these methods in this guide.
Guide To Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS From PC
Option A :- Manually Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS (Only Foe Experts User)
Option B :- Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS From PC (For All Users)
Option C :- Restore Files with Data Recovery Pro (Optional)
Option A – Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS Manually
Part 1 – Start Your Computer in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Start” menu and select “Restart” button.
- Keep pressing “F8 button” when your PC start booting.
- You will see “Advance boot menu” on your computer screen.
- Chose “Safe Mode With Networking” Option and press Enter button.
- Click on “Start” menu, press “Shift key” and click on “Restart” button.
- Select “Troubleshoot” option from the screen.
- Now click on the “Advanced” Options.
- Choose the “Startup Settings” option.
- Select “Enable Safe Mode option” and click Restart button.
- Press “F5 button” to Enable “Safe Mode With Networking” option.
Part 2 – Stop .CRAB FILE VIRUS Related Process From Task Manager
- Press “ALT+Ctrl+Del” buttons simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Choose Windows Task manager option from screen.
- Select the malicious process and click on End Task button.
Part 3 – Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS From Control Panel
- Go the Start menu on your computer and select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
- Click the “Windows key” on your keyboard.
- Select Control Panel Option from start menu.
- Select Uninstall a programs option from the Programs menu.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program from your system.
- Press Win+R button to open Run Box on your computer.
- Type “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter button to open Control Panel
- Click Uninstall a program
- Right-click .CRAB FILE VIRUS and other unwanted programs and click Uninstall option to remove it completely.
- Press the start button and select Settings option.
- Choose system option there.
- Click on Apps and Features option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
Part 4 – Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS From Browser
From Google Chrome
- First of all launch up Google Chrome browser in your PC.
- Click on great icon from top right corner of your browser to open Chrome menu.
- Now click on the Tools option.
- Go to Extension and select all unwanted extension including .CRAB FILE VIRUS.
- Finally click on trash bin icon to remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS from Google Chrome.
From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer browser in your PC.
- Press Alt+T buttons, or Click on Gear Icon from the right-top corner to open Tools.
- Now click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find .CRAB FILE VIRUS related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Click More information button.
- Finally click on Remove button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser in your PC.
- Click on the gear icon from top right corner to open browser menu.
- Select Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, choose the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Select .CRAB FILE VIRUS add-on that you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up appear on your system screen.
From Microsoft Edge
Well, Microsoft Edge does not have extensions hence you will need to reset your browser homepage in order to remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS from your Edge browser.
- First of all open Microsoft Edge browser in your PC.
- Click on More (…) icon from top right corner and go to Settings.
- Now select A specific page or pages from under the Open option.
- Select Custom option and enter the URL of the page that you wish set as your browser homepage.
Part 5 – Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS From Registry Editor
- Open Run window by pressing Win + R keys together.
- Type “regedit” and click OK
- Find and delete all related registry files of .CRAB FILE VIRUS.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.CRAB FILE VIRUS
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.CRAB FILE VIRUS
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome“, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, click on More (…) icon, and select Settings option.
- Now click on view advanced settings option.
- Press <Add new> option from “Search in the address bar with” option.
- Enter your favorite search engine url and press Add as default.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Option B – Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS Automatically With SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a leading malware removal program. It is designed to give ultimate protection from harmful threats and malware in real time. This powerful anti-malware software is very light on your computer and works really fast. This unique and fast malware removal tool is able to find and delete all types of hidden threats, rootkits, spyware, ransomware, Trojan, keylogger, worms and many others. This advanced and powerful malware scanner can easily detect viruses that your regular anti-virus fails to detect. It is a very strong and powerful solution to all type of computer threats.
In case if you are not able to remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS completely, you can also ask for the custom fix. SpyHunter tech support team is always ready to help you in removing malware from your system. It is one of the best anti-malware tool available in market today. It is very powerful, quick and safe application. SpyHunter Malware Scanner comes with some very advanced and effective features. It is capable to detect and remove all kinds of computer viruses quite easily from your PC. Moreover, it is a very easy to use utility and hence with SpyHunter users can easily remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS without any kind of essential technical expertise.
Steps To Remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS With SpyHunter
- Download SpyHunter by clicking below Download Button.
- Double click on the installer file and install this utility in your PC.
- Click on Start Scan button to detect .CRAB FILE VIRUS.
- Finally, click on Fix Threats Button to remove .CRAB FILE VIRUS completely from your PC.
Note – The free version of SpyHunter will scan your system for free and will show you the list of all potentially harmful threat available in your PC. However, in order to remove these threat completely from your system you will need to purchase the full version of Spyhunter Malware Removal Tool.
Optional :– Restore Files with Data Recovery Pro
1. First of all Click the button below to download and install Data Recovery Pro:
2. Once installed, select Quick Scan or Full Scan and then click on “Start Scan“to detect files damages by .CRAB FILE VIRUS:
3. Once the scan completed, check all the files type you want to recover and then click on “RECOVER” button to rescue your files from .CRAB FILE VIRUS:
Friendly Tips Ignore Viruses – Things To Do After Removing .CRAB FILE VIRUS
To keep away from .CRAB FILE VIRUS coming back on your Computer system and to force close similar threats in future, you must follow these essential tips while using your PC:
- Always select the Custom Installation method when you are installing any software or program.
- Uncheck all hidden options and bunched program that you are unknowing of or don’t know.
- Scan all your email attachments before you open them on your computing machine.
- Never download update from untrusted and unknown websites.
- Do not visit adult or porn website.
- Do not click on any misleading advertisements.
- Always scan USB drives before transferring or copying files.
- Scan your PC at regular intervals for hidden virus and malware.