Is your computer infected by Search.anyquestion.wiki virus? Is your browser homepage and search engine automatically got replaced by Search.anyquestion.wiki? Are you getting unwanted search results and misleading pop-ups on your computer when you using this fake search engine. Are you unable to remove this infection from your browser? Is your anti-virus program not able to detect any threat on your PC? Need help to get rid of this infection, then keep reading this guide.
What is Search.anyquestion.wiki Virus
Search.anyquestion.wiki is a nasty computer virus detected as browser hijacker. This notorious threat pretends to be a genuine search provider and promises to enhance your web browsing experience. It will hijack your main browser and modify its settings. This nasty Search.anyquestion.wiki virus can intrude all versions of Windows computers very easily. It can assail all famous and popularly used browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and many others. It will change the default homepage and search engine of your browser without your permission. When you will use Search.anyquestion.wiki to surf the Interment, it will show lots of sponsored search results and deliver lots of ads on your computer screen.
Search.anyquestion.wiki virus is a stealthy intruder and it can infect your computer through various deceptive tricks. It can get installed on your PC bundled with free third party programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware and other tricks. This cunning malware infection can brutally mess with your browsing experience and bombard your browsing window with lots of annoying ads. It can redirect your browser on harmful websites where your system can get infected by more threats and viruses. Search.anyquestion.wiki can also track your online habits and browsing history to collect your personal information. It can share your financial details with hackers and risk your money. It can also disable your system security to bring more viruses on your machine. So it is very important to delete Search.anyquestion.wiki virus soon from your computer.
How Search.anyquestion.wiki Intrude Your Computer System
- It can get inside your PC through bundled freeware.
- Search.anyquestion.wiki get delivered by fake spam emails.
- It can also get propagated through infected USB drives.
- Get spread through malicious and porn websites.
- Search.anyquestion.wiki can visit through peer to peer file sharing.
How Dangerous Is Search.anyquestion.wiki
- Search.anyquestion.wiki can intrude your system silently.
- Slow down your machine speed and performance.
- Disable your working anti-virus and fire-wall programs.
- Freeze your computing device and causes sluggish behavior.
- Search.anyquestion.wiki can delete important system files.
- It can redirect other harmful threats and malware.
- Steal your important and secret information.
- Reveal your identity to remote hackers and risk your privacy.
- Open backdoor on your PC for remote hackers.
- Show various type of fake alerts on your computer screen.
Steps To Remove Search.anyquestion.wiki From PC
To remove Search.anyquestion.wiki from your infected computer, you have to completely remove all the hidden files and left overs associated with this infection. Keep in mind that it may have distributed its copies at different locations on your system under different names. It could be quite time taking to detect those files manually, so you can try Automatic Malware Scanner to see if it can detect those threats for you. Well, before starting the removal process users must know that manual option is quite tricky and time consuming, hence users will need essential technical expertise in order to remove Search.anyquestion.wiki using manual method. Moreover any kind of mistake or technical complication will land the users in even worst circumstances and can make your system completely unusable. However, if you have good technical skills then follow the bellow methods carefully in order to get rid of Search.anyquestion.wiki manually from your Windows PC.
Part 1 – Start Your Computer in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Start” menu and select “Restart” button.
- Keep pressing “F8 button” when your PC start booting.
- You will see “Advance boot menu” on your computer screen.
- Chose “Safe Mode With Networking” Option and press Enter button.
- Click on “Start” menu, press “Shift key” and click on “Restart” button.
- Select “Troubleshoot” option from the screen.
- Now click on the “Advanced” Options.
- Choose the “Startup Settings” option.
- Select “Enable Safe Mode option” and click Restart button.
- Press “F5 button” to Enable “Safe Mode With Networking” option.
Part 2 – Stop Search.anyquestion.wiki Related Process From Task Manager
- Press “ALT+Ctrl+Del” buttons simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Choose Windows Task manager option from screen.
- Select the malicious process and click on End Task button.
Part 3 – Remove Search.anyquestion.wiki From Control Panel
- Go the Start menu on your computer and select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
- From Start menu open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a programs option from the Programs menu.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program from your system.
- Press Win+R button to open Run Box on your computer.
- Type “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter button to open Control Panel
- Right-click Search.anyquestion.wiki and other unwanted programs and click Uninstall option to remove it completely.
- Press the start button and select Settings option.
- Choose system option there & then Click on Apps and Features option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
Part 4 – Remove Search.anyquestion.wiki From Browser
From Google Chrome
- First of all launch up Google Chrome browser in your PC.
- Click on great icon from top right corner of your browser to open Chrome menu.
- Now click on the Tools option.
- Go to Extension and select all unwanted extension including Search.anyquestion.wiki.
- Finally click on trash bin icon to remove Search.anyquestion.wiki from Google Chrome.
From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer browser in your PC.
- Press Alt+T buttons, or Click on Gear Icon from the right-top corner to open Tools.
- Now click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find Search.anyquestion.wiki related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Click More information button.
- Finally click on Remove button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser in your PC.
- Click on the gear icon from top right corner to open browser menu.
- Select Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, choose the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Select Search.anyquestion.wiki add-on that you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up appear on your system screen.
From Microsoft Edge
Well, Microsoft Edge does not have extensions hence you will need to reset your browser homepage in order to remove Search.anyquestion.wiki from your Edge browser.
- First of all open Microsoft Edge browser in your PC.
- Click on More (…) icon from top right corner and go to Settings.
- Now select A specific page or pages from under the Open option.
- Select Custom option and enter the URL of the page that you wish set as your browser homepage.
Part 5 – Remove Search.anyquestion.wiki From Registry Editor
- Open Run window by pressing Win + R keys together.
- Type “regedit” and click OK
- Find and delete all related registry files of Search.anyquestion.wiki.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome“, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, click on More (…) icon, and select Settings option.
- Now click on view advanced settings option.
- Press <Add new> option from “Search in the address bar with” option.
- Enter your favorite search engine url and press Add as default.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Friendly Tips Ignore Viruses – Things To Do After Removing Search.anyquestion.wiki
To keep away from Search.anyquestion.wiki coming back on your Computer system and to force close similar threats in future, you must follow these essential tips while using your PC:
- Always select the Custom Installation method when you are installing any software or program.
- Uncheck all hidden options and bunched program that you are unknowing of or don’t know.
- Scan all your email attachments before you open them on your computing machine.
- Never download update from untrusted and unknown websites.
- Do not visit adult or porn website.
- Do not click on any misleading advertisements.
- Always scan USB drives before transferring or copying files.
- Scan your PC at regular intervals for hidden virus and malware.