windows.com scam pop-up is a nasty computer infection classified as adware. This dubious threat has been created by hackers with a motive to cheat innocent users. This perilous threat silently intrudes your computer and hijack your working web browser. Then after it will make several harmful and unwanted changes to your system and browser settings. When you will go online to surf the Internet, windows.com scam pop-up virus automatically redirect your browser on its own page to show fake and bogus warning alerts. This notorious threat will ask you that your PC is infected by harmful threats and viruses. It will freeze your browser and keep showing continuous pop-ups with a background sound.
windows.com scam pop-up virus mostly infect your machine when you browse to malicious websites, share files on unsafe network, download bundled free third party programs, open spam emails or visit malicious websites. Once getting installed on your computer, it can disable your anti-virus application, so you won’t be able to delete this infection. It will also create some new registry entries for its automatic startup. windows.com scam pop-up virus will completely degrade your system performance and speed. This nasty threat will can also bring more threats and viruses on your PC.
windows.com scam pop-up virus will suggest you to call on its tech support number to get help for removing those so called threats. When you will call on that number, tech support guys will ask you to provide remote access of your PC. Then they will charge huge money for fixing fake system problems. In the mean time they can also steal your personal information, financial details and other crucial data. It is a big risk for your identity and your computer security. So it is very important to delete windows.com scam pop-up virus soon from your computer.
Remove windows.com scam pop-up Virus From Windows PC
Method 1 – Automatically Remove windows.com scam pop-up Easily Using SpyHunter Malware Scanner (Recommended Method).
Method 2 – Manually Remove windows.com scam pop-up Virus From Your PC (Time Taking and Only For Computer Geeks).
Method 1 – Remove windows.com scam pop-up Virus Automatically With SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a leading malware removal program. It is designed to give ultimate protection from harmful threats and malware in real time. This powerful anti-malware software is very light on your computer and works really fast. This unique and fast malware removal tool is able to find and delete all types of hidden threats, rootkits, spyware, ransomware, Trojan, keylogger, worms and many others. This advanced and powerful malware scanner can easily detect viruses that your regular anti-virus fails to detect. It is a very strong and powerful solution to all type of computer threats.
In case if you are not able to remove windows.com scam pop-up virus completely, you can also ask for the custom fix. SpyHunter tech support team is always ready to help you in removing malware from your system. It is one of the best anti-malware tool available in market today. It is very powerful, quick and safe application. SpyHunter Malware Scanner comes with some very advanced and effective features. It is capable to detect and remove all kinds of computer viruses quite easily from your PC. Moreover, it is a very easy to use utility and hence with SpyHunter users can easily remove windows.com scam pop-up virus without any kind of essential technical expertise.
Steps To Remove windows.com scam pop-up Virus With SpyHunter
- Download SpyHunter by clicking below Download Button.
- Double click on the installer file and install this utility in your PC.
- Click on Start Scan button to detect windows.com scam pop-up virus.
- Finally, click on Fix Threats Button to remove windows.com scam pop-up completely from your PC.
Note – The free version of SpyHunter will scan your system for free and will show you the list of all potentially harmful threat available in your PC. However, in order to remove these threat completely from your system you will need to purchase the full version of Spyhunter Malware Removal Tool.
Method 2 – Remove windows.com scam pop-up Manually
Well, before starting the removal process users must know that manual option is quite tricky and time consuming, hence users will need essential technical expertise in order to remove windows.com scam pop-up completely with manual method. Moreover any kind of mistake or technical complication will land the users in even worst circumstances and can make your system completely unusable. However, if you have good technical skills then follow the bellow methods carefully in order to get rid of windows.com scam pop-up manually from your Windows PC.
Part 1 – Start Your Computer in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Start” menu and select “Restart” button.
- Keep pressing “F8 button” when your PC start booting.
- You will see “Advance boot menu” on your computer screen.
- Chose “Safe Mode With Networking” Option and press Enter button.
- Click on “Start” menu, press “Shift key” and click on “Restart” button.
- Select “Troubleshoot” option from the screen.
- Now click on the “Advanced” Options.
- Choose the “Startup Settings” option.
- Select “Enable Safe Mode option” and click Restart button.
- Press “F5 button” to Enable “Safe Mode With Networking” option.
Part 2 – Stop windows.com scam pop-up Related Process From Task Manager
- Press “ALT+Ctrl+Del” buttons simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Choose Windows Task manager option from screen.
- Select the malicious process and click on End Task button.
Part 3 – Remove windows.com scam pop-up From Control Panel
- Go the Start menu on your computer and select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
- Click the “Windows key” on your keyboard.
- Select Control Panel Option from start menu.
- Select Uninstall a programs option from the Programs menu.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program from your system.
- Press Win+R button to open Run Box on your computer.
- Type “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter button to open Control Panel
- Click Uninstall a program
- Right-click windows.com scam pop-up and other unwanted programs and click Uninstall option to remove it completely.
- Press the start button and select Settings option.
- Choose system option there.
- Click on Apps and Features option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
Part 4 – Remove windows.com scam pop-up From Browser
From Google Chrome
- First of all launch up Google Chrome browser in your PC.
- Click on great icon from top right corner of your browser to open Chrome menu.
- Now click on the Tools option.
- Go to Extension and select all unwanted extension including windows.com scam pop-up.
- Finally click on trash bin icon to remove windows.com scam pop-up from Google Chrome.
From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer browser in your PC.
- Press Alt+T buttons, or Click on Gear Icon from the right-top corner to open Tools.
- Now click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find windows.com scam pop-up related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Click More information button.
- Finally click on Remove button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser in your PC.
- Click on the gear icon from top right corner to open browser menu.
- Select Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, choose the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Select windows.com scam pop-up add-on that you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up appear on your system screen.
From Microsoft Edge
Well, Microsoft Edge does not have extensions hence you will need to reset your browser homepage in order to remove windows.com scam pop-up virus from your Edge browser.
- First of all open Microsoft Edge browser in your PC.
- Click on More (…) icon from top right corner and go to Settings.
- Now select A specific page or pages from under the Open option.
- Select Custom option and enter the URL of the page that you wish set as your browser homepage.
Part 5 – Remove windows.com scam pop-up From Registry Editor
- Open Run window by pressing Win + R keys together.
- Type “regedit” and click OK
- Find and delete all related registry files of windows.com scam pop-up.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = ’0
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome“, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, click on More (…) icon, and select Settings option.
- Now click on view advanced settings option.
- Press <Add new> option from “Search in the address bar with” option.
- Enter your favorite search engine url and press Add as default.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Friendly Tips Ignore Viruses – Things To Do After Removing windows.com scam pop-up
To keep away from windows.com scam pop-up coming back on your Computer system and to force close similar threats in future, you must follow these essential tips while using your PC:
- Always select the Custom Installation method when you are installing any software or program.
- Uncheck all hidden options and bunched program that you are unknowing of or don’t know.
- Scan all your email attachments before you open them on your computing machine.
- Never download update from untrusted and unknown websites.
- Do not visit adult or porn website.
- Do not click on any misleading advertisements.
- Always scan USB drives before transferring or copying files.
- Scan your PC at regular intervals for hidden virus and malware.
Here windows.com scam pop-up malware removal instructions is provides in tow sections. Section one is for Windows PC users whereas Section 2 will help you to remove windows.com scam pop-up from Mac machines. Kindly follow the corresponding removal section according to your system.
Section 1: For Windows OS Users
Solution A – Manually Remove windows.com scam pop-up from your computer (Complicated, Tricky, Time Taking & Risky – Suggested only for Computer Geeks)
Solution B – Automatically Remove windows.com scam pop-up using advanced anti-malware tool (Easy and Safe – Suggested for all PC users)
Section 2: For Apple Mac OS Users
Automatically remove windows.com scam pop-up from your Mac by using the best system security software for Mac OS
Section 1:- Remove windows.com scam pop-up From Widows PC (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 PC)
This guide will assist you to remove windows.com scam pop-up virus completely from your Windows PC. Here we have provides both manual and automatic solutions for users convince. Users can choose the solution according to their priority.
Friendly Instruction :- The manual removal methods to deal with windows.com scam pop-up virus is authenticated and proven. However, guys with less technical skill may find it difficult to remove this notorious threat manually from their PC. Sometimes it has been seen that while removing malware, users unknowingly delete some important files. Additionally, even common mistakes here can turn the situation worse. Hence, while using the manual method users are requested be careful.
Solution A :- Remove windows.com scam pop-up Manually
Step 1 :- Find and Remove Hidden Malicious Files from PC
Show Hidden Files and Folder
For Windows 7/ XP & Vista PC
- Right-click on Windows Logo and select Open Windows Explorer.
- Click Organise and select Folder then Search Options.
- Now click on View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folders then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files option.
- Click Yes in confirmation window and then click OK.
For Windows 10 PC
- Press Windows + E keys on your keyboard.
- Click on the View tab.
- Check File name extensions and Hidden items.
Delete windows.com scam pop-up Related Files from Hidden Folders
%Temp%\[windows.com scam pop-up]
%AppData%\[windows.com scam pop-up]
%LocalAppData%\[windows.com scam pop-up]
%LocalAppData%\[windows.com scam pop-up].exe
%CommonAppData%\[windows.com scam pop-up]
Step 2:- Remove windows.com scam pop-up Related Registry Files
- Press Wind+R keys.
- Type regedit.exe in the dialog box and press OK.
- Find and delete bellow listed registry files from your PC.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Classes\[windows.com scam pop-up]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\[windows.com scam pop-up]
Step 3 :- Uinstall windows.com scam pop-up From Control Panel
From Windows 10 PC
- Click Start Menu.
- Go to Settings menu to see all contents.
- Here, choose the System menu.
- Under System menu, Click on Apps and features option.
- Choose windows.com scam pop-up from the list.
- Click on Uninstall button to get rid of windows.com scam pop-up in your PC.
From Windows 8 PC
- Click on bottom left corner of your computer screen.
- Now click on Control Panel option.
- Select Uninstall a Program from control panel.
- Finally find windows.com scam pop-up from the list and hit Uninstall button.
From Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP
- Go to Start menu, then Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Add or Remove Programs option.
- From the list of all ‘Currently Installed Programs’ select windows.com scam pop-up and then click Change/Remove button.
Step 4 :- Remove windows.com scam pop-up Related extensions, ad-ons, plug-in, toolbar from Browsers
Remove windows.com scam pop-up From Microsoft Edge
As, Edge browser doesn’t have extension option hence you just need to reset the homepage and search engine to remove windows.com scam pop-up from your browser.
- Click on More (…) icon and go to Settings
- Select A specific page or pages from under the Open option.
- Choose Custom and enter a desired URL of page, you want to set as homepage.
Reset Search Engine
- Select More (…) then click on Settings.
- Click the View advanced settings option.
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”.
- Enter the search engine you like and click Add as default.
Reset Browser Settings
- Choose More (…) icon on the address bar.
- Go to Settings option.
- Click “Choose what to clear”
- Check the first three options and then click Clear.
Remove windows.com scam pop-up From Chrome Browser
- Click on Chrome menu on your browser toolbar.
- Click Tools option.
- Go to Extensions.
- Click trash can icon to delete windows.com scam pop-up extension along with all unwanted extensions.
- Click Remove if the confirmation dialog appears.
Reset Browser Settings
- Open Chrome, click “Customize and control Google Chrome” option then click on Settings.
- From the bottom of Settings page, click on Show advanced settings option.
- Click on Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset button in the confirmation window and restart your browser.
Remove windows.com scam pop-up From Mozilla Firefox
- Click menu option and select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, click on the Extensions tab.
- Find all malicious extensions including windows.com scam pop-up.
- Click Disable or Remove button under the desired extension.
- Finally restart your browser.
Reset Browser Settings
- Open Firefox, click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button.
- Now select Troubleshooting Information option.
- Here you will need to click on Reset Firefox.
- If the confirmation window appear the click Reset Firefox button to confirm and restart browser.
Remove windows.com scam pop-up From Internet Explorer
- Open the IE, click on Tools option, then go to Manage add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions option from left side of the window.
- Now select windows.com scam pop-up extension.
- You’ll see the Remove option, ff the add-on can be deleted. Click Remove and then click Close.
- If there is no remove button then simply click Disable button.
Reset Browser Settings
- Open browser, then click on Tools.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Select Advanced tab, then click Reset button.
- Once the reset process completed then restart your web browser and start browsing.
Solution B :- Remove windows.com scam pop-up Automatically
If you think manual removal too risky or difficult for you then using SpyHunter Malware Scanner Tool will be simply the best option for you. It is one most advanced and powerful utility to detect or remove any vicious PC threat easily from your system. It is loaded with such advanced features that it provide complete security to your system against all kinds of malware infection i.e, Trojan, Rootkit, Worm, Adware, Spyware, Malicious Extensions and so on. Well, it brings a significant malware detection and removal technique which enable this amazing tool to remove threat that can not be removed by normal anti-spyware applications. Additionally, it also provides technical help from the pioneer security experts. One thing that makes SpyHunter best in the business is that it can find and delete all viruses automatically hence you can easily operate this tool even if you are not a computer geek.
How To Use SpyHunter To Delete windows.com scam pop-up
Step 1 – Download and Install SpyHunter Anti-Malware tool to detect and remove windows.com scam pop-up .
Note – SpyHunter’s malware scanner offers a complete and free detection of your computer for all types of harmful and potential threats. Once the software completes the scan, you can buy the SpyHunter license to remove all detected viruses safely and quickly.
Step 2 – Double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the program.
Step 3 – Click Start Computer Now to detect windows.com scam pop-up and related malware.
Step 4 – Wait until the software detect all possible threats on your PC.
Step 5 – Click Fix Threats button to remove all detected viruses and infections.
Section 2:- Remove windows.com scam pop-up Automatically From Mac (Easy and Preferred Method)
Mac OS X is the safes computing machine till now. However, with time hackers have discovered the way to bypass Macintosh security measures as well. Attackers are now creating malicious application which can infect even Mac machine. Well, infecting OS X is certainly very difficult but removing an infection from Mac is even more tricky and complicated. Meanwhile, the situation become more risky for users as most of application and data in Mac system are purchased which can be compromised due to malware attacks. Hence, users should immediately opt for Mac security tool – MacBooster Lite if you system is infected with windows.com scam pop-up.
MacBooster Lite is a complete package for your Mac system security. It is simply the best application for protection as well as maintenance of your Mac machine. It can easily uninstall all malicious and potentially harmful application from your Mac system in just few easy steps. Moreover, it also boost your system performance and make your system much fast and accurate. The best thing about this amazing utility is that, MacBooster Lite will also maintain your data safety and remove windows.com scam pop-up completely without losing a single data or app from your system. The Security Center feature provided by MacBooster Lite will protect your system from all kinds of vicious and harmful threats. It also find and delete duplicate files from your machine. It is even capable to clean large files from your hard drive. Hence, using MacBooster Lite will be a very smart decision for you to get rid of windows.com scam pop-up on your Mac system.
Know How To Remove windows.com scam pop-up From Mac
1. Click here to download and install MacBooster program on your Mac.
2. Run a system scan with MacBooster to detect any malicious items.
3. Click on Fix button to fix all possible threats and problems problems on your Mac automatically.
Warm Reminder – Things To Do After Removing windows.com scam pop-up
To avoid windows.com scam pop-up coming back on your Machine and to prevent similar threats in future, you must follow these basic tips while using your computer:-
- – Always choose the Custom Installation method when you are installing any software.
- – Uncheck all hidden options and bundled program that you are unaware of or don’t know.
- – Scan all email attachments before you open them on your system.
- – Never download update from unknown and unsafe websites.
- – Do not visit adult / porn website.
- – Do not click on any misleading advertisements.
- – Always scan USB drives before transferring or copying files.
- – Scan your machine at regular intervals for hidden threats and malware.