Locked.zip ransomware is a crypto-malware virus that encrypt victims prosonal files making it completely inaccessible. Usually, this vicious file encryption virus is distributed with with micro scrip which is embedded to a document. It applies a very powerful AES-256 cryptographic algorithm in order to encrypt users data. Well, the files encrypted by this very ransomware virus will be renamed with .potato extension and can not be accessed by the users. The roguish motive of Locked.zip ransomware virus is to extort money from users by blackmailing them. Once the file encryption phase completed a very scary notification will be loaded on your system screen with following message.
YOUR FILES WERE ENCRYPTED
using military-grade encryption (AES-256). The encrypted files have the additional extension .potato. You won’t be able to retrieve your data unless you make a payment by following the steps below:
1. Download the TOR browser
2. Access the following address through TOR Browser for further instructions
3. Enter your ID (see below) and hit “GET KEY” for further instructions’
Locked.zip ransomware threaten the users that if you don’t pay the money then all your files will get permanently erased from your system. Moreover, it also provide you a deadline for paying ransom. However, the research report shows that the decryption key provided by Locked.zip ransomware virus is not that effective. In simple words even when you pay the money you won’t be able to access all your files completely. There are also chances that paying may motivate hackers to perform further malicious activities on your system in order to earn more. Hence, it would be sensible for the users to remove Locked.zip ransomware virus before it actually start deleting your data. Well, once Locked.zip ransomware virus will be removed then you can easily restore all your files by using a powerful third party data recovery software.
Remove Locked.zip ransomware Virus From Windows PC
Method 1 – Automatically Remove Locked.zip ransomware Easily Using SpyHunter Malware Scanner (Recommended Method).
Method 2 – Manually Remove Locked.zip ransomware Virus From Your PC (Time Taking and Only For Computer Geeks).
Method 1 – Remove Locked.zip ransomware Virus Automatically With SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a leading malware removal program. It is designed to give ultimate protection from harmful threats and malware in real time. This powerful anti-malware software is very light on your computer and works really fast. This unique and fast malware removal tool is able to find and delete all types of hidden threats, rootkits, spyware, ransomware, Trojan, keylogger, worms and many others. This advanced and powerful malware scanner can easily detect viruses that your regular anti-virus fails to detect. It is a very strong and powerful solution to all type of computer threats.
In case if you are not able to remove Locked.zip ransomware virus completely, you can also ask for the custom fix. SpyHunter tech support team is always ready to help you in removing malware from your system. It is one of the best anti-malware tool available in market today. It is very powerful, quick and safe application. SpyHunter Malware Scanner comes with some very advanced and effective features. It is capable to detect and remove all kinds of computer viruses quite easily from your PC. Moreover, it is a very easy to use utility and hence with SpyHunter users can easily remove Locked.zip ransomware virus without any kind of essential technical expertise.
Steps To Remove Locked.zip ransomware Virus With SpyHunter
- Download SpyHunter by clicking below Download Button.
- Double click on the installer file and install this utility in your PC.
- Click on Start Scan button to detect Locked.zip ransomware virus.
- Finally, click on Fix Threats Button to remove Locked.zip ransomware completely from your PC.
Note – The free version of SpyHunter will scan your system for free and will show you the list of all potentially harmful threat available in your PC. However, in order to remove these threat completely from your system you will need to purchase the full version of Spyhunter Malware Removal Tool.
Method 2 – Remove Locked.zip ransomware Manually
Well, before starting the removal process users must know that manual option is quite tricky and time consuming, hence users will need essential technical expertise in order to remove Locked.zip ransomware completely with manual method. Moreover any kind of mistake or technical complication will land the users in even worst circumstances and can make your system completely unusable. However, if you have good technical skills then follow the bellow methods carefully in order to get rid of Locked.zip ransomware manually from your Windows PC.
Part 1 – Start Your Computer in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Start” menu and select “Restart” button.
- Keep pressing “F8 button” when your PC start booting.
- You will see “Advance boot menu” on your computer screen.
- Chose “Safe Mode With Networking” Option and press Enter button.
- Click on “Start” menu, press “Shift key” and click on “Restart” button.
- Select “Troubleshoot” option from the screen.
- Now click on the “Advanced” Options.
- Choose the “Startup Settings” option.
- Select “Enable Safe Mode option” and click Restart button.
- Press “F5 button” to Enable “Safe Mode With Networking” option.
Part 2 – Stop Locked.zip ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press “ALT+Ctrl+Del” buttons simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Choose Windows Task manager option from screen.
- Select the malicious process and click on End Task button.
Part 3 – Remove Locked.zip ransomware From Control Panel
- Go the Start menu on your computer and select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
- Click the “Windows key” on your keyboard.
- Select Control Panel Option from start menu.
- Select Uninstall a programs option from the Programs menu.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program from your system.
- Press Win+R button to open Run Box on your computer.
- Type “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter button to open Control Panel
- Click Uninstall a program
- Right-click Locked.zip ransomware and other unwanted programs and click Uninstall option to remove it completely.
- Press the start button and select Settings option.
- Choose system option there.
- Click on Apps and Features option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
Part 4 – Remove Locked.zip ransomware From Browser
From Google Chrome
- First of all launch up Google Chrome browser in your PC.
- Click on great icon from top right corner of your browser to open Chrome menu.
- Now click on the Tools option.
- Go to Extension and select all unwanted extension including Locked.zip ransomware.
- Finally click on trash bin icon to remove Locked.zip ransomware from Google Chrome.
From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer browser in your PC.
- Press Alt+T buttons, or Click on Gear Icon from the right-top corner to open Tools.
- Now click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find Locked.zip ransomware related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Click More information button.
- Finally click on Remove button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser in your PC.
- Click on the gear icon from top right corner to open browser menu.
- Select Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, choose the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Select Locked.zip ransomware add-on that you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up appear on your system screen.
From Microsoft Edge
Well, Microsoft Edge does not have extensions hence you will need to reset your browser homepage in order to remove Locked.zip ransomware virus from your Edge browser.
- First of all open Microsoft Edge browser in your PC.
- Click on More (…) icon from top right corner and go to Settings.
- Now select A specific page or pages from under the Open option.
- Select Custom option and enter the URL of the page that you wish set as your browser homepage.
Part 5 – Remove Locked.zip ransomware From Registry Editor
- Open Run window by pressing Win + R keys together.
- Type “regedit” and click OK
- Find and delete all related registry files of Locked.zip ransomware.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = ’0
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome“, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, click on More (…) icon, and select Settings option.
- Now click on view advanced settings option.
- Press <Add new> option from “Search in the address bar with” option.
- Enter your favorite search engine url and press Add as default.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Friendly Tips Ignore Viruses – Things To Do After Removing Locked.zip ransomware
To keep away from Locked.zip ransomware coming back on your Computer system and to force close similar threats in future, you must follow these essential tips while using your PC:
- Always select the Custom Installation method when you are installing any software or program.
- Uncheck all hidden options and bunched program that you are unknowing of or don’t know.
- Scan all your email attachments before you open them on your computing machine.
- Never download update from untrusted and unknown websites.
- Do not visit adult or porn website.
- Do not click on any misleading advertisements.
- Always scan USB drives before transferring or copying files.
- Scan your PC at regular intervals for hidden virus and malware.