Hello guys, my system is infected with SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Virus. Only because of this malicious threats so many fake alerts automatically shows on my computer screen and my system also getting very slow. That’s why many times I tried to remove this SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Virus but it comes again and again. So friends please help me give me some suggestion to get rid of this obnoxious virus permanently from my PC.
SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack is a harmful computer infection detected as Trojan. This malicious computer infection can easily alter your system security without permission and leads to major problems. It can attack all versions of Windows computer without permission. After infecting your system, this perilous threat can easily block your anti-virus and firewall security to make your system more vulnerable for other threats and viruses. This noxious Trojan malware can also start a series of harmful activities into your system background that will slow down your system. SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack virus can get hide deep into your machine due to which it will become very hard to detect or remove this infection. It will also block legitimate applications and programs on your system.
SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack virus mostly attack your computer with the help of various deceptive tricks. It can get installed on your machine along with bundled free third party programs. It can get dropped on your system through spa email attachments, suspicious websites, shareware and infected USB drivers. It can also get downloaded on your system via fake software updates and drive by downloads. Once installed, it can bring more similar threats, spyware and malware on your system. SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack can completely degrade the working and performance of your system. Your computer will start freezing and often get unresponsive. It can also steal your personal and sensitive information and send to hackers for using illegal activities. It is advised to remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack virus soon from the infected computer.
How SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Virus infect your PC
SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Trojan virus can make use of various technique to infect your PC. Some of the main usual ways are:-
- By Pair to Pair network file sharing.
- By freeware downloads.
- By using fake spam email attachments.
- By torrent or porn websites.
- By fake applications updates.
- By using suspicious links.
How SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Virus is harmful for your PC?
- It will redirect several type of other dangerous and risky malware to your system.
- It will shows various type of fake alerts on your PC screen.
- It will change your Windows Registry settings.
- It will block your Windows task manager and disable your working anti-virus.
- It will steal your all confidential and important data without your permission.
Remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Virus From Windows PC
Method 1 – Automatically Remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Easily Using SpyHunter Malware Scanner (Recommended Method).
Method 2 – Manually Remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Virus From Your PC (Time Taking and Only For Computer Geeks).
Method 1 – Remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Virus Automatically With SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a leading malware removal program. It is designed to give ultimate protection from harmful threats and malware in real time. This powerful anti-malware software is very light on your computer and works really fast. This unique and fast malware removal tool is able to find and delete all types of hidden threats, rootkits, spyware, ransomware, Trojan, keylogger, worms and many others. This advanced and powerful malware scanner can easily detect viruses that your regular anti-virus fails to detect. It is a very strong and powerful solution to all type of computer threats.
In case if you are not able to remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack virus completely, you can also ask for the custom fix. SpyHunter tech support team is always ready to help you in removing malware from your system. It is one of the best anti-malware tool available in market today. It is very powerful, quick and safe application. SpyHunter Malware Scanner comes with some very advanced and effective features. It is capable to detect and remove all kinds of computer viruses quite easily from your PC. Moreover, it is a very easy to use utility and hence with SpyHunter users can easily remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack virus without any kind of essential technical expertise.
Steps To Remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Virus With SpyHunter
- Download SpyHunter by clicking below Download Button.
- Double click on the installer file and install this utility in your PC.
- Click on Start Scan button to detect SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack virus.
- Finally, click on Fix Threats Button to remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack completely from your PC.
Note – The free version of SpyHunter will scan your system for free and will show you the list of all potentially harmful threat available in your PC. However, in order to remove these threat completely from your system you will need to purchase the full version of Spyhunter Malware Removal Tool.
Method 2 – Remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Manually
Well, before starting the removal process users must know that manual option is quite tricky and time consuming, hence users will need essential technical expertise in order to remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack completely with manual method. Moreover any kind of mistake or technical complication will land the users in even worst circumstances and can make your system completely unusable. However, if you have good technical skills then follow the bellow methods carefully in order to get rid of SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack manually from your Windows PC.
Part 1 – Start Your Computer in Safe Mode With Networking
- Click on “Start” menu and select “Restart” button.
- Keep pressing “F8 button” when your PC start booting.
- You will see “Advance boot menu” on your computer screen.
- Chose “Safe Mode With Networking” Option and press Enter button.
- Click on “Start” menu, press “Shift key” and click on “Restart” button.
- Select “Troubleshoot” option from the screen.
- Now click on the “Advanced” Options.
- Choose the “Startup Settings” option.
- Select “Enable Safe Mode option” and click Restart button.
- Press “F5 button” to Enable “Safe Mode With Networking” option.
Part 2 – Stop SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack Related Process From Task Manager
- Press “ALT+Ctrl+Del” buttons simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Choose Windows Task manager option from screen.
- Select the malicious process and click on End Task button.
Part 3 – Remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack From Control Panel
- Go the Start menu on your computer and select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
- Click the “Windows key” on your keyboard.
- Select Control Panel Option from start menu.
- Select Uninstall a programs option from the Programs menu.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program from your system.
- Press Win+R button to open Run Box on your computer.
- Type “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter button to open Control Panel
- Click Uninstall a program
- Right-click SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack and other unwanted programs and click Uninstall option to remove it completely.
- Press the start button and select Settings option.
- Choose system option there.
- Click on Apps and Features option.
- Find and remove unwanted program from your PC.
Part 4 – Remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack From Browser
From Google Chrome
- First of all launch up Google Chrome browser in your PC.
- Click on great icon from top right corner of your browser to open Chrome menu.
- Now click on the Tools option.
- Go to Extension and select all unwanted extension including SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack.
- Finally click on trash bin icon to remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack from Google Chrome.
From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer browser in your PC.
- Press Alt+T buttons, or Click on Gear Icon from the right-top corner to open Tools.
- Now click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Click More information button.
- Finally click on Remove button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser in your PC.
- Click on the gear icon from top right corner to open browser menu.
- Select Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, choose the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Select SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack add-on that you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up appear on your system screen.
From Microsoft Edge
Well, Microsoft Edge does not have extensions hence you will need to reset your browser homepage in order to remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack virus from your Edge browser.
- First of all open Microsoft Edge browser in your PC.
- Click on More (…) icon from top right corner and go to Settings.
- Now select A specific page or pages from under the Open option.
- Select Custom option and enter the URL of the page that you wish set as your browser homepage.
Part 5 – Remove SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack From Registry Editor
- Open Run window by pressing Win + R keys together.
- Type “regedit” and click OK
- Find and delete all related registry files of SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = ’0
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome“, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, click on More (…) icon, and select Settings option.
- Now click on view advanced settings option.
- Press <Add new> option from “Search in the address bar with” option.
- Enter your favorite search engine url and press Add as default.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Friendly Tips Ignore Viruses – Things To Do After Removing SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack
To keep away from SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack coming back on your Computer system and to force close similar threats in future, you must follow these essential tips while using your PC:
- Always select the Custom Installation method when you are installing any software or program.
- Uncheck all hidden options and bunched program that you are unknowing of or don’t know.
- Scan all your email attachments before you open them on your computing machine.
- Never download update from untrusted and unknown websites.
- Do not visit adult or porn website.
- Do not click on any misleading advertisements.
- Always scan USB drives before transferring or copying files.
- Scan your PC at regular intervals for hidden virus and malware.